The early years work in the Gypsy Roma Traveller (GRT) education team is led by Hilary Heath, Early Years GRT Adviser.
This work takes on a multi-agency approach with the aim of increasing GRT children's inclusion in early years services.
Research has identified that inter-agency outreach has a positive outcome on GRT communities and has a significant impact on improved access for GRT children to early years education and services.
We are working in partnership with the Norfolk 0 -19 Healthy Child Programme's specialist practitioners for GRT families and the Early Years Childhood and Family Service in six 'districts' (localities) of Norfolk - North Norfolk, South, East, West, Breckland and City, to offer a holistic programme of early years support for GRT families through outreach and building up relationships of trust.
For further information on these services please go to:
- Just One Norfolk: The 'go to' health website for Norfolk families
- Early childhood and family service (ECFS): Support to 0-5-year-olds and their families in Norfolk
Other key areas of the early years work are:
- Support for early years settings with their inclusion of GRT children, offering advice and loan of culturally reflective resources
- Work with the first admissions team in NCC to confirm first preference schools for GRT children starting in Reception, reducing the need for families to complete admissions forms and providing places for their children in the schools they know and trust, thereby facilitating a smoother transition into school
- GRT training aimed specifically at the early years sector
For further information please contact:
Phone: 01603 495728
Mobile: 07789 923843