Nurturing wellbeing: Support for pupils and families
Understand how social and emotional learning works in practice and consider realistically practical ways to support the whole school community’s wellbeing. Webinars will support schools and colleges by providing immediately transferable practical strategies to support the 5 ways, ensuring provision supports equality, diversity and inclusion. Webinars and downloadable resources will help you to:
- Equip pupils with the information that they need to make good decisions about their own health and wellbeing.
- Provide clear, planned curriculum opportunities to promote resilience, support social and emotional learning and opportunities for pupils to participate in activities to build their confidence and self-esteem.
- Understand that we all have mental health but when issues arise pupils know to seek support as early as possible from appropriate sources.
Access primary resources:
- A live recording of the Primary Nurturing Wellbeing webinar
- A set of narrated Nurturing Wellbeing; practical support for pupils and families to download for reuse in your setting (please note this a large file 35Mb and may take few minutes to download
Access primary resource activities and templates:
- Primary SMILE sessions
- Primary SMILE templates - downloadable PPT slides
- Primary SMILE breathing
- Primary SMILE art of the week
- Primary SMILE Miss Williams games
- Primary SEL for pastoral leads
Access secondary resources:
- A live recording of the Secondary Nurturing Wellbeing webinar
- A set of narrated Nurturing Wellbeing: practical support to download for reuse in your setting (please note this a large file 35Mb and may take few minutes to download
Access secondary resource activities and templates:
- Secondary 5 ways for wellbeing Tutor group sessions - downloadable Word.doc
- Secondary 5 ways for wellbeing template - downloadable Word.doc
- Secondary 5 ways for wellbeing Resources links - downloadable Word.doc