The health, safety and wellbeing of all staff and pupils is of utmost importance to us. We've provided you with a framework to assess and manage the risks associated with coronavirus (COVID-19). This is to give all staff, parents and pupils the assurance that appropriate control measures are being put in place in response to coronavirus (COVID-19). It reflects current Government guidance.
We expect all local authority maintained schools to use the following documents. Schools that are not maintained by the local authority may use them for help and guidance, if they wish.
The compliance code details the arrangements that settings must put in place during the Government's recovery plan. You should use the compliance code to develop your risk assessment.
- Compliance code for all educational settings - September
- Educational settings risk assessment – September
- Cleaning and disinfection - Supplementary information for educational settings
- Management of cases - Risk assessment and checklist
- Hire and third party use school premises risk assessment form
- Hire and Third Party Use School Premises declaration
Additional advice and guidance
You should apply the following additional guidance wherever it is relevant to your setting.
- Your health and your safety when working in educational settings
- Guidance for education staff who carry out essential home visits
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) guidance for educational settings
- How to put on and take off PPE video (YouTube)
- First aid guidance for schools
- PWTAG Technical Notes on Re-opening a Pool and Technical Operation after COVID-19 Shutdown
- Guidance for complex needs school residential accommodation
- Supporting health professionals to visit settings
- New and expectant mothers risk assessment for educational settings
- Individual risk assessment template
- Premises management risk assessment
- Educational Settings Risk Assessment - Swimming Pools
- Home visits risk assessment
- Communicating arrangements with parents and parent engagement
- e-learning - COVID 19 Safety Arrangements for September
- Training presentation - Covid-19 Educational and Childcare Settings
- Quick guide - coronavirus absence from school
- COVID Secure notice - Primary settings
- COVID Secure notice - Secondary settings
- Educational settings COVID-19 poster for children
- Educational settings COVID-19 poster for parents and carers
- Social media campaign image