Skip to main content

Complaints procedure


The Local Authority has a duty to investigate any complaint received.

Complaints from :
  • Parents/Carers
    Parents/Carers who have a complaint concerning how they are receiving the entitlement for their child, should in the first instance discuss the problem with their childcare provider. If the matter is not resolved adequately then they can contact the Local Authority.
  • Childcare Providers
    Childcare providers who have a complaint about how the Local Authority offers the entitlement, a member of the Early Years team, or the manner in which another childcare provider is offering the entitlement to parent/carers should contact the Local Authority.

A written communication can be sent in as follows :
Post: FAO Jo-anne Lamb Early Years and Childcare, Woodside Centre, Witard Road, Norwich NR7 9XD

The personal details of the complaint will be treated confidentially. Details will only be shared with those members of staff who need to know in order to investigate the complaint. If necessary the childcare provider will be contacted to ensure that the Local Agreement / Statutory Guidance are being adhered to. Anyone who makes their complaint public in the media may forfeit their right to anonymity.

If the complainant feels that they have not received a satisfactory response to their complaint and wish to take the matter further, than a more formal complaint can be submitted via our NCC website at

If the complainant is not happy with their treatment under this procedure, they may make a complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman. Usually the advice team will not take any action until any investigation completed by a Local Authority is complete.

The Local Government Ombudsman Advice Team can be contacted at :
Post: Local Government Ombudsman, PO Box 4771, Coventry CV4 0EH
Telephone: 0845 602 1983 (Mon – Fri 8.30am to 5pm)