- Information session for schools with new Ukrainian pupils (18 May 2022): Sharing good practice around admissions and induction, EAL friendly teaching strategies/resources and also trauma-informed practice for schools.
- Interpretation services available to schools: This 5-minute video explains how to use the Language Line interpretation service, and includes an example of a Language Line call.
- Admission to schools for refugees and other vulnerable groups: A 5-minute video that outlines good practice for admissions of refugees and other vulnerable groups.
- Induction to Primary Schools for refugees and other vulnerable groups
- Induction to Secondary Schools for refugees and other vulnerable groups
Resource pack - On Padlet / Google Docs
- Free to download documents about the schools system in the UK in English and other languages (incl. Ukrainian and Russian)
- Information on the free Language Line offer for telephone interpretation
- Some advice on dealing with trauma for teachers and parents (in Ukrainian and Russian). For further training and advice re. trauma contact June Sewell.
- EAL beginner and bi-lingual resources (inc. information about free access to LanguageNut, an online English learning package in Ukrainian)
- EAL assessments frameworks
- For guides to the UK education system and Helping your child learn in English. Ukrainian, Russian and a range of other languages, please visit the Bell Foundation website - Parental Involvement section.
- Ukrainian Family Fun Day, Saturday 9 July 2022, Noon to 3pm, to welcome new Ukrainian families in Norfolk and their host families. It is hosted by Norwich School and will be at the Norwich Lower School Playing Field, Bishopgate, Norwich. See the flyer (English) and attached map for more details. You can also download the flyer in Ukrainian.
These resources will be regularly updated as more resources are created.