Recordings from the most recent webinars for Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) can be found in this section. These can be used to increase the knowledge and skills of DSLs to support children and families.
- Missing from Home/Care and Return Home Interviews - Katie Riches, Child Exploitation and Missing Children Team Manager within CADS delivered this webinar on 26 February 2021. Claire Farrelly, Safeguarding Adviser talks about the importance of completing the Education Screening Information Form in detail.
- RSHE Webinar (Primary Schools), RSHE Webinar (Secondary Schools) - Josie Rayner-Wells, Adviser for RSHE and Inclusion delivered these webinars on 17 and 18 March 2021. There is one for primary and one for secondary. The webinars will help DSLs identify RSHE curriculum priorities for their setting and explore teaching mental health, online safety and asking for help
- Cyber Choices Webinar - John Greenwood, Cyber Security Advisor from Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies delivered this webinar on 26th April 2021. The webinar will support DSLs to understand the Cyber Choices Programme, the Computer Misuse Act and identify actions to improve cyber security.
- New Roads Webinar - New Roads is an integrated service giving young people a dedicated team that sticks with them to give them help and support that they need to achieve their potential. It provides a mix of residential and outreach support for young people aged 12-25, who are already being supported by Children's Services. Zoe Murray and her colleagues delivered this webinar on 14 June 2021. The webinar supports DSLs to gain an understanding of the New Roads service including:
- Its purpose, and desired outcomes
- How the service will work
- The change of approach in managing risk
- Young Carers Webinar - This video is based upon the webinar delivered on 17 November 2020 by Belinda Jones - Carer Awareness and Voice Co-Ordinator from Caring Together. The contents supports DSLs to understand more about who Young Carers are, be more confident to identify Young Carers in their setting and to know what support is available to Young Carers in Norfolk
- Sleep Webinar - Catherine Henery and Stephanie Hambrook from the Norfolk Healthy Child Programme delivered this webinar on 28th June 2021. The webinar will support DSLs to:
- Understand normal sleeping behaviours for 0-19 year olds and the influence of developmental stages in this
- Gain an awareness of sleeping patterns in children with Additional Needs
- Consider sleeping challenges that may arise for children and young people, their causes and their impact
- Child Exploitation - Learning from Case Reviews - This webinar was delivered on 9th July 2021 by Kelly Waters, Senior Safeguarding Adviser from the Education Safeguarding Team. The webinar will support DSLs to:
- Identify and explain the key learning from national case reviews regarding child exploitation
- Reflect on current local practice in relation to this key learning
- Explore the implications for school safeguarding practice in relation to these reviews in terms of exploitation
The two national cases can be read in full:
Child C- City and Hackney Safeguarding Children Partnership (CHSCP) published Serious Case Review for Child C, a 15-year-old male, died as a result of being stabbed whilst in the street.
Jacob- Oxfordshire's Safeguarding Children Board (OSCB) published Child Safeguarding Practice Review for Jacob, a 16-year-old boy who was being criminally exploited and who was found dead in his bedroom.
- Changes to Keeping Children Safe in Education for 2021 - Lucy Canning and Claire Farrelly, Safeguarding Advisers within the Education Safeguarding Team delivered this webinar on 15 and 16 July 2021. This webinar will support DSLs to:
- Gain an understanding of the significant changes to KCSiE 2021
- Consider implications of changes for school and college practice including developing an implementation action plan
- Understand the Local Authority's responses to changes to support schools and colleges' practice
- Tackling Sexual Violence and Harassment in education settings – learning from the Ofsted Thematic review. This webinar was delivered on 7th October 2021 by Kelly Waters, Senior Safeguarding Adviser from the Education Safeguarding Team. This session focuses on the implication of the Ofsted review, providing practical advice for DSLs and other senior leaders to be able to:
- Identify and explain the findings of the Ofsted thematic review.
- Describe and explain whole school approaches to tackling sexual violence and harassment.
- Identify key questions and tools to support schools and colleges with implementing a whole school approach to tackling sexual violence and harassment.