- Read an overview of SEN funding for schools
- View your school's budget share. It provides a detailed breakdown of a school's budget. It details the amounts a school will receive through each of the funded factors
The Virtual School for Special Educational Needs/Disabilities (VS SEND) will continue to oversee applications for Element 3 funding during the summer term 2020.
General funding enquiries can be sent to email@example.com
Element 3 banding descriptors
Autumn term 2020 Element 3 funding bands, descriptors and allocations (September, October, November, December).
Applicable for pupils on SEN Support and those with an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan.
Band 1 High needs/medical needs = £450.00
- The child/young person requires up to approximately 50% of targeted additional support staff curriculum time, to enable their access to the curriculum
- The child/young person requires monitoring due to their medical needs during curriculum time, break and lunchtimes
Band 2 Higher needs/high medical needs = £746.67
- The child/young person requires at least 50% of targeted additional support staff curriculum time, to enable their access to the curriculum
- The child/young person requires close supervision due to their medical needs during curriculum time, break and lunchtimes
Band 3 Exceptional needs/extreme medical needs = £1348.00
- The child/young person requires 100% of targeted additional support staff curriculum time, to enable their access to the curriculum. Plus full-time additional support staff time, to enable their access to break and lunchtimes, or for close supervision due to their medical needs
How to apply for Element 3 funding
- Deadline for applications: 9 October 2020
- Moderation of applications: w/c 2 November 2020
- Feedback to schools: w/c 23 November 2020
The application forms are available on Perspective Lite. Previous versions of the form will not be accepted.
- We (the local authority) have carried forward current SEN Support, EHC plan, and exceptional circumstances pupil allocation of Element 3 funding, into autumn term 2020
- Schools and academies are able to check their current allocations by using the budget share tracker and entering their password into the 'SEN Allocation Memo'
- All allocations including any cases that have been allocated Exceptional Circumstances funding during the summer break 2020, will be in school downloads by the end of September, and in academy journals during October 2020
Actions for schools
- Newly identified SEN Support and EHC plan pupil requests for Element 3 funding, including exceptional circumstances funding, will continue within the current process. They will therefore require the submission of an application form
- The application form should also be used where there is a request for band amendment
- Schools should inform us within seven days where a funded pupil has left the school