- Read an overview of SEN funding for schools
- View your school's budget share. It provides a detailed breakdown of a school's budget. It details the amounts a school will receive through each of the funded factors
The Virtual School for Special Educational Needs/Disabilities (VS SEND) will continue to oversee applications for Element 3 funding during the autumn term 2021.
General funding enquiries can be sent to email@example.com
Element 3 banding descriptors
Autumn term 2021 Element 3 funding bands, descriptors and allocations (September, October, November, December 2021).
Applicable for pupils on SEN Support and those with an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan.
Band 1 High needs/medical needs = £450.00
- The child/young person requires up to approximately 50% of targeted additional support staff curriculum time, to enable their access to the curriculum
- The child/young person requires monitoring due to their medical needs during curriculum time, break and lunchtimes
Band 2 Higher needs/high medical needs = £746.67
- The child/young person requires at least 50% of targeted additional support staff curriculum time, to enable their access to the curriculum
- The child/young person requires close supervision due to their medical needs during curriculum time, break and lunchtimes
Band 3 Exceptional needs/extreme medical needs = £1,348.00
- The child/young person requires 100% of targeted additional support staff curriculum time, to enable their access to the curriculum. Plus full-time additional support staff time, to enable their access to break and lunchtimes, or for close supervision due to their medical needs
How to apply for Element 3 funding
- Deadline for applications: 8 October 2021
- Moderation of applications: w/c 1 November and 8 November 2021
- Feedback to schools: w/c 29 November 2021
The application forms are available on Perspective Lite at the start of the new term. Previous versions of the form will not be accepted.
- We (the local authority) have carried forward current SEN Support, EHC plan, and exceptional circumstances pupil allocation of Element 3 funding, into autumn term 2021
- Schools and academies are able to check their current allocations by using the budget share tracker and entering their password into the 'SEN Allocation Memo'
- All automatic allocations will be in school downloads by the end of September, and in academy journals during October 2021
Actions for schools
- Newly identified SEN Support and EHC plan pupil requests for Element 3 funding, including exceptional circumstances funding, will continue within the current process. They will therefore require the submission of an application form
- The application form should also be used where there is a request for band amendment
- Schools should inform us within seven days where a funded pupil has left the school