Governing bodies are the key strategic decision makers and vision setters in every school and academy.
They are also a key part of the overall system for school accountability.
Governing bodies have a vital role to play in:
- Driving up school and pupil performance
- Ensuring that resources are used well, to give every child the best possible education
We provide products and services essential to building effective governance in education settings. Whatever the needs of your organisation, our professionals will be able to support and develop your governor team with a range of comprehensive products, delivered by a team of experts.
Services, products and training to support governors
Find out more about the services, products and training we provide:
- Governor Service support for local authority (LA) maintained schools
- Governor Service support for academies
- Clerking support for governing boards
- Training for governors and trustees
- Safer recruitment training
- GovernorHub platform for information sharing
Privacy notice for governors in LA maintained schools
This privacy notice provides details on how we, Norfolk County Council's Governance Service Team, use your personal information for the purposes of compliance with regulatory and statutory duties associated with the governance and management of schools. By 'use' we mean the various ways your personal information may be processed including storing and sharing the information.
Norfolk Governance Network (NGN) is the representative organisation for state school governors and trustees from local authority maintained schools, academies and free schools in Norfolk.