The Inclusion and Opportunity Service provides support and advice for schools on overcoming barriers to inclusion for children and young people who may be vulnerable to underachievement. The service is organised across two virtual schools and two teams which work closely together to ensure the offer of support is effective in enabling learners to successfully attend their local school.
The Virtual School for Looked After and Previously Looked After Children leads on promoting positive educational outcomes for pupils who have experienced or who are under Local Authority care, or who have a Child in Need or Child Protection plan. Support and advice for children and young people who are unaccompanied asylum seekers, those who have English as an additional language or who are from Gypsy, Roma or traveller communities is also located in this team.
The Virtual School Sensory Support provides specialist teaching, training, advice and equipment for pupils with sensory loss (hearing and vision).
The Inclusion and SEND Team provides training, guidance, advice and support for schools on developing whole school approaches and inclusive provision, and bespoke advice to support the inclusion of pupils with SEND and those with complex SEMH needs. Statutory responsibilities relating to Fair Access and Section 19 duties are located within this team which ensure prompt placement and educational provision for pupils who are not on a school roll.
SENDIASS provides impartial information, advice and support about special educational needs & disabilities (SEND) for children, young people, parents and carers.
- Andy Tovell - 01603 307718 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keeley White: Head of Virtual School for Children in Care, Adopted and SG - 01603 307794 or email@example.com
- Kate Stocks: Head of Virtual School Sensory Support - 01603 704040 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josie Rayner-Wells: Senior Adviser, Early Intervention and Prevention - 01603 303329 or email@example.com
- Alison Toombs: Senior Adviser, Learning and SEND - 01603 307723 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vicki Setters: Senior Adviser, SEMH & Transition - 01603 307774 or email@example.com
- Niamh Keane: SENDIASS Manager- 01603 303369 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Kendrick: Service Support Manager - 01603 303316 or email@example.com