The Virtual School SEND (VSSEND) team has produced two new processes to improve support for mainstream educational settings in managing their provision for children with additional needs.
The new processes are:
- An identification of needs descriptors in educational settings (INDES) framework of standardised terms breaking down the broad areas of SEND into seven specific sections which describe need.
- An inclusion and provision self-evaluation framework (IPSEF) that settings can use to evaluate their provision to support inclusive practice and to demonstrate their compliance against the Ofsted framework, legal requirements, and Norfolk County Council's Provision Expected at SEN Support, known as PEaSS. It is intended to effectively be a 'one-stop tool' for settings to evaluate themselves.
Information and guidance
- An introduction to INDES and IPSEF by Norfolk County Council's Virtual School SEND (VS SEND): YouTube presentation and full transcript of the audio
- INDES and IPSEF guidance, FAQs and complete INDES web form
- INDES and IPSEF parent carer communication for educational settings
Related files and downloads
Documents and forms
11 November 2020