Welcome to the Norfolk Schools equalities pages.
Schools have a range of duties under the Equality Act 2010 to promote equality and eliminate discrimination for people with protected characteristics. This includes fostering positive relationships between different communities.
As part of meeting these duties, schools are required to:
- Give due regard to equality (‘equality impact assessments’)
- Publish one or more equality objectives at least every four years
- Publish information each year about how the school is complying with the public sector equality duty
- Publish and maintain an accessibility plan for disabled pupils
- Make reasonable adjustments for disabled people
- Provide auxiliary aids and services to disabled pupils
These duties apply to all schools, whether local authority-maintained, academies, free schools, non-maintained special schools or independent schools.